QUARANTINE: Maggie has been quarantined since Mid-September and will finally be free in June! RSV season has been extra terrible this year, according to Maggie's pediatrician, and so we feel so blessed that Maggie has been so healthy the entire winter. Our lives have been affected a lot by her quarantine and our social involvement extremely limited. I can probably count on one hand the number of times Maggie has been outside of our home this winter, but she has been such a trooper and she and I have had so much fun together indoors! Chris and I take turns going to church meetings, I have become a frequent night-time shopper while Maggie is asleep and Chris is working on his business, and Chris runs all of our errands during his lunch breaks from work. Because Maggie can't be around any children or sick adults we have missed a few family gatherings but usually take turns attending those as well. What a blessing that all of these precautions have kept Maggie healthy! We are looking forward to summer when we can take Maggie out and introduce her to all of her wonderful relatives, especially her young cousins.

HAIR CUT: I have needed a haircut for months and I finally got it done! You can't really tell in the picture, but it's actually quite different from my past haircuts. When I came home from the salon I looked just like the Brady Bunch mom! Really. I'm trying to figure out how to do it though, and I'm so happy to finally have it cut again! Every time I go I try out a new short hairstyle. It's way fun.

WORLD RECORDS: I Just thought you would all like to know that I hold the World Record in rowing, hammer throw, javelin throw, and high jump. I am so cool!! Ha ha. Chris and I have a Nintendo Wii and we recently got the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games. It's so much fun! We played with Chris' mom the other night and I was on fire beating records all over the place! Hee hee. My arms are sore from rowing. Funny, huh? If anyone hasn't played the Wii you should try it out sometime. It's a lot of fun!
6 comments:
I'm so impressed with your positive attitude about the quarantine and the bravery with the haircut! I've always wondered what short hair would look like on me, but never had the guts to do it...way to go! And, it looks cute! Also, so many world records! Keep up the good work!
Aren't video games so fun these days? My little brother has a Wii, so we always play it when we go home. My recent favorite is Rock Band - it is soooo fun! (Jack having an Xbox has finally paid off for me!) And cute haircut! I'm trying hard to keep mine long but am always tempted to go for a cute, short cut. Ah, the dilemmas of hair! :)
That picture of Maggie Lynn is so cute I could just kiss the computer screen! I am so happy that Maggie is healthy! She is worth all the sacrifice you are making. She is lucky to have the BEST parents a little girl could have.
Way to go on the World Records-I never knew you were such a pro athlete. We rented that game for the Martin's Wii once. It's a ton of fun!! We'll have to come down and play with you whenever we get there next. Oh, and your haircut looks great, and I am so glad Maggie has stayed healthy. Quite a few children around here have gotten it, so that's great. You guys are such great parents! We miss you!
Your hair is so cute! I know how hard it can be to get out and get it cut...and neither of my kids have been quarentined! I'm sure that's made it hard! Hand in there, June is right around the corner.
Afton,
You are one strong woman. We've actually had RSV for the last 3 weeks, and we are finally getting over it! We weren't on an official quarantine, but we didn't leave the house to risk spreading it or catching something else. It sounds like you're having fun, though.
Post a Comment