I must say I'm pretty amazed at myself! Just two weeks ago I picked up loom knitting! Our stake is doing a big project of knitting 2800 hats for homeless shelters, and so my Relief Society president came over and showed me how to do it and I started loom knitting! After a couple of days I was enjoying it so much that I called and asked for more yarn, and she brought me a huge bag full! I'm so excited. I'm amazed that I've fallen in love with loom knitting, but I really enjoy doing it! My goal is to make more than one hat a day and when the deadline comes I'll have made over 100 hats! I also went out and bought myself my very own looms and I'm making myself a scarf and hat and I made Maggie a little hat as well. What fun to have a new hobby!
Thursday, February 7
Loom Knitting!
I must say I'm pretty amazed at myself! Just two weeks ago I picked up loom knitting! Our stake is doing a big project of knitting 2800 hats for homeless shelters, and so my Relief Society president came over and showed me how to do it and I started loom knitting! After a couple of days I was enjoying it so much that I called and asked for more yarn, and she brought me a huge bag full! I'm so excited. I'm amazed that I've fallen in love with loom knitting, but I really enjoy doing it! My goal is to make more than one hat a day and when the deadline comes I'll have made over 100 hats! I also went out and bought myself my very own looms and I'm making myself a scarf and hat and I made Maggie a little hat as well. What fun to have a new hobby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YEAAAAAAH! SO happy to be invited to see your blog! We miss you guys like crazy! Your little Maggie is BEAUTIFL! What an angel! We are planning a trip out to Utah this Christmas. I hope we can get together then.
I love loom knitting as well. When Evan was a baby, I discovered I could do it while I was nursing (which is the only free time I have). I love your blog.
I am so proud of you Afton! I am inspired to take up a new skill AND it makes me want to do more service. I am so glad we have blogs-- just seeing Robin and Sarah's comments makes me happy. It is so neat we can all stay close as our families grow. College friends are friends forever!!!
Afton,
I love your blog... but it never lets me leave comments for some reason. I don't get it! That is a LOT of snow, good job on the knitting!
How nifty! What an accomplishment that will be when you have a pile of 100 hats (in fact it's pretty amazing already). How fabulous!
Post a Comment