I still can't pick up Maggie and I haven't ventured to do any real cooking (mostly because I don't want that responsibility yet), but I did actually clean up Maggie's toys last night and that was sooooo refreshing! For once I didn't have to stare at a mess and wish I could do something about it. My body hurt (especially from the bending over) but I kept going because I could! I was so happy to leave my living room clean when I went to bed last night! I also straightened up the kitchen counters a bit (which have been driving me nuts) and I've been doing a little organizing around the house. You just can't imagine unless you've been there how wonderful it is to do something for myself! I'm so excited!! And FREE! I've also been wanting to vacuum but haven't had the energy to pull out the vacuum yet. Maybe that'll be my next project. Oh, and I did my first batch of laundry in 4 months! That was exciting, too. Pretty much anything that I do besides resting on the couch is exciting to me. I even shower every day now (which exhausts me about as much as anything)! Ha ha.
This past week I've been extremely active, eager, and impatient. I want to do anything and everything before I have the baby! Because I don't know how long I'll last (I'm already dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced as of three days ago, and yes I've had a few irregular contractions) I can't sit still for a minute in getting the house ready for the baby. My mom says I have intense nesting syndrome, and I agree and add that I have major off-of-bedrest eagerness, finally-do-something-that-I-want-to-do-when-I-want-to-do-it syndrome, and stage-my-house-to-sell syndrome. I have all these things I've thought about and made lists of and researched online for 4 months and now I just want to get it all done before the baby comes! I simply can't wait for my body to catch up with my brain. I haven't shopped in 4 months and in the last week I went shopping every single day! (except Sunday, of course). I've sold tons of old household items online in the past 2 months and this past week we took all the money we earned and bought new things to stage our house and I must say it's looking awesome!
Phew! Anyway, I'm in pain but I'm so excited to be off of bedrest. I'll be starting some physical therapy soon, too, so that will be nice. I could go into active labor at any time also so I'm scared but excited for that. We shall see what happens!
Oh, another interesting thing about being so pregnant for the first time: I waddle! I waddle mostly because it hurts my back and my sciatic nerve so much to walk around, and to get up and down, but I waddle nevertheless. I was even walking around Wal Mart (very slowly I might add) today with my hand on my back to relieve some of the pain - just like you always see in the movies! Or is that in real life, too? I feel like everyone is staring at my belly when I'm out in public, and I've even had an ecstatic group of girls run up to me and touch my belly and talk excitedly about how pregnant I was. That was weird! I've had a number of strangers come up and touch my belly. I'm certainly not used to this kind of attention - I feel like such an odd duck. But, I guess that's what being 8 1/2 months pregnant is all about! So, I'm finally experiencing some of the craziness of full-termness. However, I've had so little time to enjoy it I'm certainly not sick of it yet, and I doubt I will get sick of it before I have my baby girl. I hope to be pregnant for another week or two so I can gain back more strength and become even a little more independent before having another baby. I'm just hoping to not have her on my birthday (which is this Sunday) because I want her to have her own day to celebrate - okay I'll be honest, I want my own birthday, too!
Allright, that's all I have to report. Most likely I won't report again until we have our baby. But for now here's a picture of me at 38 weeks pregnant, and her are some more cute pics of Maggie!
****************Pictures from HALLOWEEN!!!**********************
9 comments:
Oh I am so excited that you updated! I have been checking your blog so much to see if you are still pregnant or not!:) Good luck with everything and I hope these next few weeks go well for you!
Thanks so much for the update. I check your blog often. To see how things are going. Yes, stangers will come up to you and touch your belly and everyone will stare at you. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new little one and hope everything goes well with deliver.
Lindsey Hood
Holy schnikes, I thought I'd never hear those words from you, 38 weeks and still pregnant! Congrats on making it this far, and hope you make it past your b-day, I know how you love that day! Your baby girl will be here before you know it and then you'll be stuck on the couch again nursing 18 hours a day. Sorry to be a bummer...
P.S. For those of you who don't know, Afton used to count down months in advance until her birthday and always on Nov. 10th, she'd say "Only 364 days until my next birthday!"
Hey afton.... Nothing like a refreshing look on all the responsibilities that "tie me down" I guess it is just how you look at something! Enjoy your days before labor, hey and you never know maybe you'll still go over, even if you are 70% effaced!
I am so proud of you... And I really think I could never do what you have done!
Yea! I am so excited that you've been able to carry your baby for this long! I'm excited to see pics of the baby soon!
I have to say, it is fun seeing you this big! :) Happy laboring! We can't wait to meet your little girl. . .
Affy, congrats on still being pregnant! I've also been wondering how you are every day! I love the new pictures you've posted! What a beautiful family! And it's so good to see your mom! My baby bro Ryan just went through the temple! I can't believe how fast time flies and how fast people grow up! I can't wait to hear about your new bundle of joy! Good luck to you and Chris in the coming weeks! Oh, and happy belated birthday! Hopefully in the near future we can come visit! Your friend and cuz, Krista
Wouldn't it be funny if you went over due! There's nothing like being 41+ weeks pregnant! Good luck to you. We hope to see you next month.
Hey Afton and Chris! Maggie is adorable by the way! How exciting to be able to go out shopping and to shower! I guess I never knew how much I took those things for granted until hearing you talk about it! I'm glad you are healthy and that the baby is doing well too! Take care of yourself though! You'll need all that energy soon enough!
Post a Comment