Tuesday, December 9

Happy to be US again

Well, Robyn is just over 2 weeks old and she is still the perfect baby! She hardly ever cries (only during diaper changes) and she sure sleeps a lot. In fact, last night she slept through the night for the first time! She gets cuter every day and Maggie simply loves her and loves to hold her and kiss her. My mother moved out last week and Chris spent the rest of the week home with me and this is my first week flying solo with the kids. Amazingly, it's not as bad as I thought it would be and it's actually been wonderful being home with just me and the girls. I have been recovering 10 times faster now that I have had the baby and it feels so good to be able to move again and to be able to do things on my own. My back is the only thing that I still struggle a lot with. I think my back muscles suffered the most from lack of use during bedrest. Anyway, our little family is so happy to be just us again. I haven't figured out how to get out of the house with two kids yet, but I guess that'll happen soon enough. Robyn is already up to 8 lb 15 oz and she is doing just great. I hope you enjoy a few more pics of my sweet little girls and our family.







11 comments:

Liesl said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH, so cute! But, you need to change the name of your blog to include Robyn! :)

Hilarie* said...

Hey you!! i haven't been able to check on everyone's blog in a while and ran across yours!! Congrats on the baby. Super cute! I'm happy things went well for you guys.. you deserve it!!

Vanessa said...

I love the one with her fingers out of her blankie and on her face...and Maggie looks adorable in that dress! such a cute family! so happy for you! Hope your back gets feelin' better soon!

The Wimpy Mother said...

I love the one with the hand on her face too. Soo cute. Did you end up having a V-back?

Sharon said...

Supermom and Superbaby...what a combination! I agree with everyone that Robyn is so cute with her fingers on her face and Maggie's dress is adorable! I'm so happy for you that everything is going so well...good luck with your back!

Ashley Webb said...

Wow you guys!! Congrats - you are the cutest family ever! Afton, you look amazing (and you have the most beautiful daughters). We are so happy for you!

The Clews Crew said...

Congrats again! She is so beautiful. Both your girls are so so beautiful. Chris might need to invest in a shot gun when they turn 16.

Kati said...

So cute! I don't think my back has recovered from pregnancies either, and that's without bedrest! Good luck. Glad life is getting back to normal :)

Christina said...

Yay, glad things are going good. Robyn looks perfect and adorable and Maggie looks so old and cute! I love the red dress she is wearing. Love ya!

Padilla Fam said...

how exciting! to have a little one in the family! you all look great and happy. i can't wait for a second one. . .

Gena said...

How are you guys doing???