Thursday, September 11

29 Weeks & Adorable Maggie Pics

Here I am at 29 weeks! Yahoo! I have once again switched doctors (though in the same clinic) because I didn't feel like I was getting very good advice or consideration from my doctor. My new doctor is wonderful and I now have dr. appointments every single week, exams to monitor any physical changes, and I finally made it far enough to get a Rhogam shot and to do the Group B Step Test and the Glucose-Diabetes test thing. How exciting! I also have my belly measured every appointment now, which is fun. Before this pregnancy I had only had that done once to me! It's fun to be experiencing the third trimester. I'm also going to get Steroid shots next week to strengthen the baby should she be born too early. In the midst of all of this I have seen a light at the end of the tunnel! I got my last prescription of progesterone filled and my last shot is just 6 weeks away! At the same time my shots end I will be ending my bedrest (37 weeks) and trying to build up some muscle strength again while allowing my body to go into labor whenever it's ready. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe I only have 7 more weeks to go! It's incredible!

Below are some adorable pictures of Maggie - she has a lot of fun playing with her cousins and going to parks all the time! I only wish I could be there to watch her. Enjoy :)









7 comments:

Brianne said...

Afton,

We are so excited for you!! We hope these next 7 weeks go by quickly and smoothly. It is funny how things like taking a glucose test, and having a strep B test done can be such a happy day!! Maggie is so cute!! It is hard to believe that both her and Peter will be 2 here in a couple months considering the rough start they had. I know we feel so blessed for medical technology as I am sure you do. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know.

Brianne Thacker

The Martins said...

Yay! 29 weeks! That's great, Afton! I am so glad you are posting so we can hear how you're doing. Good luck these next 7 weeks! Hang in there.

Maggie is sure growing fast. She is such a cute little girl - I love these pictures. And you look cute pregnant! :)

Woodstock Family said...

Affy Giraffe!!!! I'm so happy for you that this pregnancy is "hanging in there"! Stay strong and keep your spirits high! You've been through a lot in your child-bearing years, the Lord is always watching out for you and he knows what you're going through! Bedrest may seem tedious but when that little baby girl comes out perfect, it will all be worth it. You look great by the way, I love ya girl! Krista

The Clews Crew said...

Yay! I'm so happy that things are going well. You look so good. And Maggie is a doll. So adorable! Hope things keep going great.

Wendy said...

Awesome job afton! keep up the good WORK (they really should call it bedwork, cause it sound like alot of work to try and keep yourself on that bed! My prayers are with you!

Gena said...

Afton, look at your belly! You are so cute! You look wonderful. I'm so happy to hear you're nearly 30 weeks along. That's great, and it sounds like everything is going really well. I love the pictures of Miss Maggie- such a doll, as always! Love to hear your updates. We're always thinking of you and hope we'll be able to get together again soon!

Hilarie* said...

Wow you look good for being on bedrest! You don't even look like a couch-potato. :) How far were you with your little girl before delivering???