Monday, May 19

So far, so good!






Hi Everyone! I had another appointment today and everything still looks good. Yeah! I also started some exams that I've volunteered to participate in for a study on preterm labor & delivery patients. My doctor said I'm an ideal patient for the study so I hope they learn good things from it. They're studying the role of genetics and environment on women going into preterm labor.

Anyway, Maggie and I had a great weekend just over a week ago. Chris' mom and sister came down and we got the three granddaughters together (Daniel's girl, Maggie, and Holly's girl) and had such a fun time! Maggie absolutely loved having visitors, especially girls her age to play with and she was so excited! Unfortunately Maggie and I both got nasty colds the two days later that kept us out of commission for a full week with sore throats, coughing, sneezing, runny noses, and sleepless nights. Oh well, I guess a little exposure at a time will strengthen both of our immune systems so we won't get sick so easily next time!

Maggie is so much fun I can hardly stand it. She loves to put her own shoes on now and is so thrilled to walk down the sidewalk with me or Chris. She's definitely experiencing a little freedom and she loves it.

Oh! One great thing about my pregnancy is that my fingernails are growing like mad and they're beautiful! Any of you who really know me know that I've always had short stubby fingernails (because of violin playing, or just from bad biting or ripping habits). Right now they're long and beautiful and strong. It's one of my greatest joys!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

hey afton, I am so glad things are going well. I didn't realize you were considered high risk. Your little girl is very cute! I know all about the nail thing, I definately loved that about pregnancy.. strong beautiful nails ...and hair.
Well see you later ;)
Love wendy
ps I put "happy little working song on my playlist after hearing it on yours... so funny!

Katie M. said...

Glad to hear that everything's going well, and that's really cool that you're participating in a research study. I hope you're feeling better!

Kat said...

So fun to see the cute pictures and hear about the pregnancy. I so hope the best for you with this one. Thanks for hanging out with us! Hope we do it again soon!

The Clews Crew said...

Glad everything is going well. Maggie is such a cutie. The pics of all the girls are precious. How fun to have cousins so close together.

The Wimpy Mother said...

I'm so happy to hear everyone is happy and healthy! We miss you guys like crazy. I really hope we can get together in December when we fly out there. SMOOCHES!

Vanessa said...

Hey Mowers! This is the Jansen's from our BYU-I ward. I was also Alina's roommate in college. Looks like your family is growing and having so much fun! Congrats on the addition! Are you still in Idaho? We are...at least for now! Check us out at www.jakeandvanessa.blogspot.com
It's great to see that you are doing so well! oh- our is private so email me at vcjansen@hotmail.com - Maggie is SO super cute too!