Friday, March 14

A revelation on ancestry & heritage

I was just rocking Maggie after she was frightened alone in her room and I told her that her brother Dan and her great-grandparents were watching over her from heaven, because I really felt that they were. At that moment I felt a deep love from my grandparents, and I thought I could feel how deeply they love my little Maggie, even though they never met her in this life. I knew that they cared about her and were relying on her to grow up and continue the heritage that they left our family on the earth. I then realized that if my grandparents care so much for Maggie, then my great-grandparents (only 1 of whom I ever met when I was very young) must also care about me just as much, and they are helping me to continue their legacy. There is a family bond that reaches beyond the veil between heaven and earth and it is very strong even over a span of many generations. Family traits and family blessings are passed down and I believe that's one way that we continue our family legacy, by using our inherited talents to further the Kingdom of God and to bless our individual families. By exercising our faith just as our ancestors did and finding and fulfilling our purpose on the earth. I think that decisions I make and opportunities that come my way and experiences that I have are often the result of loving family watching and guiding me from beyond the veil.

No comments: